Your Privacy: Our General Data Protection Regulation Compliance Statement
At Witherby Property Renovations Ltd we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
This is a statement of the General Data Protection Regulation compliance policy that is adopted by Witherby Property Renovations Ltd for delivering our services. Witherby Property Renovations Ltd will, when delivering these services, collect and use personal information only which is relevant to the work that we are undertaking and which will be controlled, stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), howsoever it is collected, recorded and used; whether it be on paper, in electronic media form (e.g. in a computer system), or recorded by other means.
We consider the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by the company as critical in maintaining the confidence of our clients; we therefore manage and process personal information lawfully and correctly.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
What is personal information?
Information is defined under the GDPR as being Personal Information if any of the following criteria are met:
- Can a living individual be identified from the data, or, from the data and other information in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, the data controller?
- Does the data “relate to” the identifiable living individual, whether in their personal or family life, business or profession?
- Is the data “obviously about” a particular individual?
- Is the data “linked to” an individual so that it provides particular information about that individual?
- Is the data used, or is it to be used, to inform or influence actions or decisions affecting an identifiable individual?
- Does the data have any biographical significance in relation to the individual?
- Does the data focus or concentrate on the individual as its central theme rather than on some other person, or some object, transaction or event?
- Does the data impact or have the potential to impact on an individual, whether in a personal, family, business or professional capacity?
We adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as set out in The Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
Principals of collecting personal data
Specifically, these Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met.
- Shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Collection of data
Witherby Property Renovations Ltd will, through appropriate management and by strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully the conditions regarding fair collection and use of information.
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used.
- Collect and process appropriate information and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements.
- Ensure that the quality and accuracy of information used is adequate and is maintained.
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held and that it is stored for no longer than is necessary.
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held are able to be fully exercised under the Act and Regulations. These include: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, the right of access to one’s personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase information.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information.
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad to countries to which transfers are not permitted under the GDPR.
Storing of personal data
All information storage and processing systems used by Witherby Property Renovations Ltd are designed to ensure that:
- Everyone handling, managing and working with personal information understands that they are contractually and legally responsible for following the GDPR and good data protection practice.
- Everyone handling, managing and working with personal information is appropriately trained to do so.
- Everyone handling, managing and working with personal information is appropriately supervised.
- Anyone wanting to make enquiries about personal information knows how to do so.
- Queries about personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with, in accordance with the GDPR.
- Methods of handling, managing and working with personal information are clearly described.
- A regular review and audit are made of the way personal information is managed.
- Methods of handling, managing and working with personal information are regularly reviewed, assessed and evaluated.
- The performance of the methods and process is regularly reviewed, assessed and evaluated.
GDPR Compliance Policy for Marketing and General Information
Information processing - General
We do not undertake automated decision making about or profiling of personal data.
Data subjects have a right, as set out in the GDPR, to obtain the personal information which is stored and used by us and can obtain this information by contacting the Data Protection Officer whose details are given in this document. The data comprising the personal information will be delivered to the data subject in a secure manner and in a format which is readily accessible using common proprietary data access tools (such as word processor document or spreadsheet viewer programs).
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
What information we collect
We acquire and use information relating to commercial organisations and individuals for use in our marketing and sales activities.
Our clients provide some of this information directly to provide services or when contacting us for the purposes of making an enquiry.
We also obtain information by recording how persons use our websites by means of embedded technology such as cookies, and by receiving written enquiries and usage data from relevant forms hosted on our website.
If you are requested by us to provide your personal data, you may of course decline to do so. However, if you do choose not to provide data that is necessary to enable us to provide a service to you, we may not be able to deliver that service to you.
The information that we obtain may be dependent upon the nature and context of your enquiry. The information that we collect can include the following:Name and contact data
We collect your first and last name, postal address, phone number and e-mail address.Demographic data
We may on occasion collect data about you such as your profession, country and preferred language.Payment data
Where it is necessary to process your payment, sensitive information such as your credit card number and security code are not collected by Witherby Property Renovations Ltd: the payment is processed using external secure processing websites operated by our bank and the information is not processed or stored by our systems or personnel.Contacts and relationships
We may collect such information that you provide us relating to your contacts and business relationships.Location data
Our online services may obtain imprecise location data: e.g. a location derived from your IP address or data, that indicates where you are located with low precision, such as at a city or postcode level.Content
We may collect the content of any data files and communications that you may send us in the course of a project, together with any physical documents that you may give us when these are necessary to provide you with the service you have purchased. Data we collect may include:
- the address, subject line and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message or attachment, and
- audio recording and transcript of a telephone call or voice message you send to us or receive from us.
What we use the data we collect for
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our activities.
- To provide information to you relating to other information that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
For information about how to manage, edit or to delete contact data which contains your personal information, please use the How to access & control your personal data found in this privacy statement.
How to access and control your personal data
You can submit a request to view, edit or delete any personal data that we hold.
You may do so by submitting a request in writing or by using our Contact form. We will respond to requests to access or delete your personal data within 30 days.
Your marketing choices
You may opt out of receiving marketing information by unsubscribing using the link incorporated into all our email communication.
Disclosing your information
Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third party links
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Cookies are small packets of information stored by a web browser on your computer.
There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are removed from your computer when you close your browser and are mainly used, for example, to store information about the items in your shopping basket.
Conversely, persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted or when they reach their expiry date. This type of cookie is often used to anonymously track your activity on a website so the website owner can analyse the data to see if there are ways they can improve their website.
Storing your preferences and settings
Settings that enable our products to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We also save preferences, such as language, browser and multimedia player settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the site.
Storing information you provide to a website
When you provide information on our website, we store the data in a cookie to remember the information you have added.
Our website includes social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Cookies used by Witherby Property Renovations Ltd
This is a session cookie set by this site’s Content Management System (CMS), Joomla, which is used when an admin user logs in to the CMS control panel.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS (_GA)
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the
Neither Witherby Property Renovations Ltd or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
A mixture of both persistent and session cookies are used to enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to this site and to track the pages that you visit during your session.
More information about Google’s policies can be read at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Used to distinguish users
Duration: 2 years
Used to distinguish users
Duration: 24 hours
Used to throttle request rate
Duration: 1 minute
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, however, blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Managing cookies for each browser differs, so we have provided links to more detailed information for some of the more popular browsers:Internet ExplorerFirefox SafariChrome Opera
You can opt out of data collection or use by some of these analytics providers by clicking the following links:
Flurry Analytics: https://termsfeed.com/blog/privacy-policy-flurry/
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
(requires you to install a browser add-on)
Omniture (Adobe): https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
Visible Measures: https://www.visiblemeasures.com/viewer-settings-opt-out/
or by letter addressed to The DPO, 2 Moorside Cottages, Thursday Road, Elstead, Surrey GU8 6LN. Company No. 4952449, VAT No. 830 7292 35.